March 2017 to Present
Dedicated Tech Services, Inc.
Ohio Department of Administrative Services
- In an agile environment, wrote, maintained, and enhanced the automation of a paper-based form using Java, HTML, XML, Thymeleaf, Adobe LiveCycle, SOAP, Spring Boot, Bootstrap, Apache CXF, Hyland OnBase, Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, Oracle WebLogic, Gradle, YAML, Mockito, Selenium, Cucumber, JUnit, and git.
- Responsible for development and ongoing application of project code quality using static analysis tools (SonarLint, Emma/EclEmma, Jacoco, FindBugs, Spotless, and HTML Tidy).
- Set up and maintained a continuous integration environment using CircleCI.
- Assumed responsibilities of a de facto scrum master, including leading retrospectives, backlog grooming, sprint planning, daily stand-up, and "walking the board."
- Captured, prioritized, and managed team's tasks using Targetprocess.
- Mentored mid-level developers.
- Subject matter expert for Gradle and git.
October 2015 to February 2017
GateHouse Media, Inc.
Digital Development Engineer
- Using Groovy, Gradle, JUnit, Apache Poi, AWS S3, CQEngine, lftp, XML, XSTL, and cron, wrote an article workflow, conversion, and publishing system.
- Using PHP, PHPUnit, Grunt, node.js, jQuery, CSS, XSL, MySql, Groovy, and CodeIgniter, wrote a site scraper, metadata, and contact CRUD system.
- Wrote a content pull ETL system using shell scripts, xmlproc, XSLT, lftp, cron, and AWS.
- Wrote a content migration ETL system using Groovy, JUnit, MySql, and AWS.
- Wrote a newsletter ETL system using shell scripts, xsltproc, wget, and XSLT.
- Provided on-call production support.
- Subject matter expert for Linux, Grunt, Composer, and git.
March 2015 to October 2015
August 2001 to February 2015
Alliance Data Systems
- In an Agile environment, developed new functionalities for a large-scale, high-volume web application using Java, SOAP, REST, Apache CXF, JSF, Apache Maven, Eclipse, Cobertura, EclEmma, JUnit, Mockito, Spring, and git.
- Consistently maintained 95% (or better) code coverage.
- Evangelized code quality best practices, including: peer reviews, refactoring, test driven development, minimum viability, and code coverage.
Nationwide Financial Systems
- Provided production support to a loans servicing system using Groovy, Poi, c3p0, PL/SQL, TopLink, Java, ClearCase, ClearQuest, and Eclipse.
- Wrote, maintained, and enhanced an email notification system using Java, Annotations, Oracle, Guava, Commons Chain, Commons CLI, Commons Configuration, Commons IO, Commons Lang, Commons Email, Velocity, SnakeYAML, Log4j, JUnit, CQEngine, Groovy, Gradle, and Microsoft Task Scheduler.
- Responsible for Hudson and the hardware upon which it ran.
- Refactored and enhanced core back-end, email, and reporting functionality.
- Automated numerous manual processes, which resulted in clearing out several months of backlog and increasing system's responsiveness to resolving production issues.
- Identified and fixed cross-system issues.
- Provided ad hoc support to internal customers.
- Mentored recent college graduates and interns.
- Ohio Department of Jobs and Family Services
- CareWorks Internal Projects
- Resource Interactive
- Nationwide Financial Systems
- Cardinal Health
- Foresight Corporation
- Sterling Commerce
- Central Benefits
- Ohio Rehabilitative Services Commission
- Franklin University
- The Longaberger Company
- Washington County Department of Jobs and Family Services
September 1999 to August 2001
- Ashland Chemical
- Ross Laboratories
February 1998 to September 1999
- LDA Systems Internal Projects
- Battelle Memorial Institute
May 1995 to February 1998
Analysts International Corporation
- Dimension Insurance
- Nationwide Financial Systems
- Construction Monitoring Systems